Microsoft Exchange Server database (.edb file) becomes unmountable due to various reasons like deletion of Exchange log files, anti-virus scanning, or its corruption. An unmountable Exchange database displays an error message that does not allow the user access the data saved in the database. To bring the corrupted database in a mountable state, you can try running the eseutil/p command. However, if the above command fails to repair the database, then you will need to restore database from an up-to-date backup. But in case of no backup or incomplete or corrupted backup, you will need to opt for an effective EDB Repair application.
Consider the below error message that appears when you attempt to mount Microsoft Exchange Server database:
“An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service, or both.
ID no: c1041724
Exchange System Manager”
On viewing the application logs, you view five event ids (9175, 486, 455, 413, and 5) along with their description. After the above error message appears, your database becomes unmountable, rendering to inaccessibility of all its stored data.
The above error message appears because of the following reasons:
1. Exchange Server Log file contains an invalid signature.
2. Your anti-virus software erases or quarantines MS Exchange Server Log file.
3. Executing eseutil/p on damaged Exchange databases without deleting the log files.
4. Running “eseutil /r three-character logfile base name” command with wrong log file base name.
5. Corruption of Exchange Server database.
To resolve the above error message and successfully mount the database, you will need to follow the below steps:
1. Recover Exchange Server Log file from quarantine folder in the anti-virus program.
2. Run eseutil/p to repair corrupted database.
3. In case, the repair utility fails, then restore the database from a valid backup.
4. However, with backup file inaccessible or corrupt, use a third-party EDB Repair Tool.
An .EDB Repair application uses advanced repair techniques to repair logically damaged Exchange Server database. The tool can be used by any technical user who has no prior database repair experience.
EDB Repair Tool is a secure, yet advanced Repair EDB utility that repairs all corrupted databases created in MS Exchange Server 5.5, 2000, 2003, and 2007. The software is user-friendly and easy-to-understand. It can be installed on Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003, and 2000.